Carolyn Heafner sings American songs [electronic resource].
- Heafner, Carolyn
- Additional Titles:
- Title on back of container: Carolyn Heafner, soprano, sings American songs
- New York, N.Y. : DRAM, 
- Additional Creators:
- Poûhe, Jay, 1935-, Hoiby, Lee, Neill, Dixie Ross, Beach, H. H. A., Mrs., 1867-1944, Beeson, Jack, 1921-2010, Weisgall, Hugo, Hoiby, Lee, Bacon, Ernst, 1898-1990, and DRAM (Online service)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Digital content provided by DRAM; access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- The amorous line : 1970. Women have loved before (2:58) ; Now by this moon (1:44) ; Humorsque (0:57) ; I too beneath hour moon (3:42) ; Oh, think not (2:15) ; And you as well must die (2:06) ; What lips my lips have kissed (4:25) / Jay Poûhe ; poems by Edna St. Vincent Millay -- Three Browning songs : 1900. The year's at the spring (1:16) ; An, love, but a day (3:33) ; I send my heart up to thee (3:06) / Amy Beach ; poems by Robert Browning -- Death by owl-eyes : 1971 (poem by Richard Hughes) (2:25) ; The you should of done it blues : 1971 (poem by Peter Viereck) (2:10) ; Eldorado : 1951 (poem by Edgar Allan Poe) (1:12) / Jack Beeson -- Four songs on poems by Adelaide Crapsey : op. 1 (1934). Old love (1:18) ; Song (2:06) ; Oh, lady, let the sad tears fall (3:11) ; Dirge (1:30) / Hugo Weisgall -- Night songs : c. 1950. Night (2:10) ; Pierrot (2:21) ; Angélique (2:05) ; The shroud (2:45) / Lee Hoiby ; poems by Adelaide Crapsey -- Selected songs to Emily Dickinson : 1928-1938. I'm nobody (1:23) ; Eden (2:39) ; Poor little heart (2:16) ; The little stone (:43) ; The heart (1:49) ; The banks of the Yellow Sea (2:09) ; Simple days (1:11) / Ernst Bacon.
- Streaming audio., In part song cycles., Title from image of compact disc cover on Web page (viewed July 10, 2007)., Eds. recorded: E.C. Kerby (1st work); A.P. Schmidt (2nd work); Boosey & Hawkes (3rd work); Galaxy Music (4th-5th works); T. Presser (6th work); Classical Vocal Reprints (7th work); Dragon's Teeth Press (8th work); Mercury Music (9th-11th works)., All except the 1st work originally released as CRI SD 462, in 1981., Includes program notes., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Jay Poûhe (1st work), Lee Hoiby (7th work), Dixie Ross Neill (remainder), piano.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded principally Apr. 1981, in New York; the 1st work recorded live, Jan. 1999.
- Other Forms:
- Also available as compact disc; previously issued as CRI CD 854.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web. and System requirements: Web browser; QuickTime 6.5.2 or later.
View MARC record | catkey: 8154612