Becoming a redwood [electronic resource] : songs of Lori Laitman
- Laitman, Lori, 1955-
- Uniform Title:
- Songs. Selections
- New York, N.Y. : DRAM, 
- Additional Creators:
- Check, Jennifer, Gruber, Sari, Green, Patricia (Mezzo-soprano), Poulis, Lee, Scarlata, Randall, Sharp, William (Baritone), McPherson, Robert (Tenor), Quintiliani, Barbara, Poster, Gary, Kang, Juliette, 1975-, Kraines, Thomas, Rosen, Marcy, Jones, Warren, 1951-, Taylor, Kirsten, and DRAM (Online service)
- ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu , Electronic music accessible through the World Wide Web; click for information
- Language Note:
- Sung in English.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Digital content provided by DRAM; access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Early snow : 2003 / text from poems of Mary Oliver (10:00) -- Daughters : 1998 / texts from poems of Anne Ranasinghe and Karen Gershon (18:00) -- The throwback : 2003 / texts from poems of Paul Muldoon (8:00) -- Becoming a redwood : 2003 / texts from poems of Dana Gioia (13:00) -- The apple orchard : 2003 / text from a poem of Dana Gioia (3:46) -- This space available : 2000, rev. 2005 / text from a poem of Thomas Lux (1:50) -- Being happy : 2004 / text from a poem of Dana Gioia (2:44) -- Long pond revisited : 2002 / text from poems of C.G.R. Shepard (15:00) -- Equations of the light : 2005 / text from a poem of Dana Gioia (4:32).
- Streaming audio.
Title from image of compact disc cover on Web page (viewed Nov. 21, 2008).
Includes program notes.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Variously: Jennifer Check, Sari Gruber, Barbara Quintiliani, sopranos ; Patricia Green, mezzo-soprano ; Robert McPherson, tenor ; Lee Poulis, Randall Scarlata, William Sharp, baritones ; Gary Poster, bass ; Juliette Kang, violin ; Thomas Kraines, Marcy Rosen, violoncellos ; Warren Jones, Kirsten Taylor, Lori Laitman, piano.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded, variously, Sept. 3, 2003, Opera Dog Studios, Leesburg, Va.; Apr. 17-18, 2005, Spencerville Seventh Day Adventist Church, Silver Spring, Md.; and June 6-7, 2005, Performing Arts Center, Purchase College, State University of New York.
- Other Forms:
- Also available as compact disc; previously issued as Albany Records TROY 865.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Web browser; QuickTime 6.5.2 or later.
View MARC record | catkey: 8155187