Adapting to the times [electronic resource].
- Wuorinen, Charles
- Uniform Title:
- Works. Selections
- New York, N.Y. : DRAM, 
- Additional Creators:
- Winn, James, 1952-, Farnum, Elizabeth, Hudson, Benjamin, Macomber, Curtis, Sherry, Fred, Bowyer, Kevin, 1961-, Schick, Steven, Nonken, Marilyn, Morley, Thomas, 1557-1603?, Wuorinen, Charles, and DRAM (Online service)
- ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu , Electronic music accessible through the World Wide Web; click for information
- Language Note:
- Vocal work sung in English.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Digital content provided by DRAM; access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Katz fugue (1995) (3:15) -- Christes crosse (1994) (4:36) -- Twelve short peices (1973) (6:35) -- Self-similar waltz (1977) (2:15) -- Album leaf : for Howard Klein (1984) (2:32) -- Violin variations (1972) (12:00) -- Album leaf : for Fred and Ida (1976) (2:33) -- Evolutio (1961) (9:37) -- Janissary music (1966) (12:33) -- Adapting to the times (1969) (16:15).
- ["00:03:15", "00:04:36", "00:06:35", "00:02:15", "00:02:32", "00:12:00", "00:02:33", "00:09:37", "00:12:33", "00:16:15"]
- Streaming audio.
The 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th works are for piano; the 2nd work for high voice and piano; the 6th work for violin; the 7th work for violin and violoncello; the 8th work for organ; the 9th work for percussion; the 10th work for violoncello and piano.
Title from image of compact disc cover on Web page (viewed Nov. 21, 2008).
"Christes crosse, a song composed in 1597 by Thomas Morley, was recomposed by Wuorinen for soprano and piano in 1994"--Insert, p. .
The 5th work previously released on Koch International Classics 3-7242-2H1; the 6th-7th works on Koch International Classics 3-7618-2.
Includes program notes.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- James Winn, piano (1st-5th works) ; Elizabeth Farnum, soprano (2nd work) ; Benjamin Hudson (6th work), Curtis Macomber (7th work), violins ; Fred Sherry, violoncello (7th, 10th works) ; Kevin Bowyer, organ (8th work) ; Steven Schick, percussion (9th work) ; Marilyn Nonken, piano (10th work).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded at the American Academy of Arts and Letters, New York City, 18 Nov. 2000 (1st-4th works), 17 Nov. 1993 (5th work), and 6 Dec. 2000 (10th work); at State University of New York at Purchase, Recital Hall, 12 Jan. and 14 May, 1993 (6th-7th works); at the Chapel of St. Augustine, Tonbridge School, Kent, UK, 4 June 2004 (8th work); at Clapp Recital Hall, University of Iowa, July 1978 (9th work).
- Other Forms:
- Also available as compact disc; previously issued as Albany Records TROY871.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Web browser; QuickTime 6.5.2 or later.
View MARC record | catkey: 8155189