Rider on the plains [electronic resource] : cello concertos by Virgil Thomson and Charles Fussell : and short pieces
- Feldman, Emmanuel, 1965-
- New York, N.Y. : DRAM, 
- Additional Creators:
- Cline, Joy, Gambill, Paul, Davenny-Wyner, Susan, Thomson, Virgil, 1896-1989, Fussell, Charles, Nashville Chamber Orchestra, New England String Ensemble, and DRAM (Online service)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Digital content provided by DRAM; access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Concerto for violoncello & orchestra / Virgil Thomson (21:00) -- Right river (variations for cello & string orchestra) / Charles Fussell (11:40) -- Four portraits for cello and piano ; A portrait of Frederic James / Virgil Thomson (8:00; 1:42) -- Two ballades for cello & piano / Charles Fussell (12:00).
- Streaming audio.
Four portraits originally for piano, arr. by Luigi Silva for violoncello and piano.
Title from image of compact disc cover on Web page (viewed Nov. 21, 2008).
Includes program notes on insert.
Includes program notes.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Emmanuel Feldman, violoncello ; Joy Cline Phinney, piano (3rd-5th works) ; Nashville Chamber Orchestra, Paul Gambill, conductor (1st work) ; New England String Ensemble, Susan Davenny Wyner, conductor (2nd work).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded in Boston, Mass. at New England Conservatory's Jordan Hall on Apr. 22, 2002 (2nd work) and Nov. 27, 2005 (3rd-5th works) ; the 1st work recorded in Clarksville, Tenn. at Austin Peay State University on Nov. 21, 2004.
- Other Forms:
- Also available as compact disc; previously issued as Albany Records TROY883.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Web browser; QuickTime 6.5.2 or later.
"Hybrid stereo SACD ... plays on all SACD and CD players"--Container.
View MARC record | catkey: 8155193