Handbook of human factors and ergonomics [electronic resource] / edited by Gavriel Salvendy
- Hoboken : John Wiley & Sons, 
- Copyright Date:
- 4th ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xx, 1,732 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Salvendy, Gavriel, 1938-
- Handbook of Human Factors and Ergonomics; Contents; Preface; Part 1 Human Factors Function; Chapter 1 The Discipline of Human Factors and Ergonomics; Chapter 2 Human Factors Engineering and Systems Design; Part 2 Human Factors Fundamentals; Chapter 3 Sensation and Perception; Chapter 4 Selection and Control of Action; Chapter 5 Information Processing; Chapter 6 Cross-Cultural Design; Chapter 7 Decision-Making Models, Decision Support, and Problem Solving; Chapter 8 Mental Workload and Situation Awareness; Chapter 9 Social and Organizational Foundations of Ergonomics.
Chapter 10 Human Factors and Ergonomic Methods; Chapter 11 Anthropometry for Product Design; Chapter 12 Basic Biomechanics and Workstation Design; Part 3 Design of Tasks and Jobs; Chapter 13 Task Analysis: Why, What, and How; Chapter 14 Task Design and Motivation; Chapter 15 Job and Team Design; Chapter 16 Personnel Recruitment, Selection, and Turnover; Chapter 17 Design, Delivery, Evaluation, and Transfer of Training Systems; Chapter 18 Human Factors in Organizational Design and Management; Chapter 19 Situation Awareness; Chapter 20 Affective Engineering and Design.
Part 4 Equipment, Workplace, and Environmental Design; Chapter 21 Workplace Design; Chapter 22 Vibration and Motion; Chapter 23 Sound and Noise: Measurement and Design Guidance; Chapter 24 Illumination; Part 5 Design for Health, Safety, and Comfort; Chapter 25 Occupational Health and Safety Management; Chapter 26 Human Error and Human Reliability Analysis; Chapter 27 Managing Low-Back Disorder Risk in the Workplace; Chapter 28 Work-Related Upper Extremity Musculoskeletal Disorders; Chapter 29 Warnings and Hazard Communications; Chapter 30 Use of Personal Protective Equipment in the Workplace.
Chapter 31 Human Space Flight; Part 6 Performance Modeling; Chapter 32 Modeling Human Performance in Complex Systems; Chapter 33 Mathematical Models in Engineering Psychology: Optimizing Performance; Chapter 34 Human Supervisory Control; Chapter 35 Human Digital Modeling in Design; Chapter 36 Virtual Environments; Chapter 37 Neuroergonomics in Human -- System Interaction; Part 7 Evaluation; Chapter 38 Accident and Incident Investigation; Chapter 39 Human Factors and Ergonomics Audits; Chapter 40 Cost/Benefit Analysis for Human Systems Investments; Chapter 41 Methods of Evaluating Outcomes.
Part 8 Human -- Computer Interaction; Chapter 42 Visual Displays; Chapter 43 Information Visualization; Chapter 44 Human Factors in Online Communities and Social Computing; Chapter 45 Human Factors and Information Security; Chapter 46 Usability Testing; Chapter 47 User Requirements Collection and Analysis; Chapter 48 Website Design and Evaluation; Chapter 49 Human Factors in Ambient Intelligence Environments; Chapter 50 Interactivity: Evolution and Emerging Trends; Part 9 Design for Individual Differences; Chapter 51 Design for People with Functional Limitations; Chapter 52 Design for Aging.
Chapter 53 Designing for Children.
- The fourth edition of the Handbook of Human Factors and Ergonomics has been completely revised and updated. This includes all existing third edition chapters plus new chapters written to cover new areas. These include the following subjects: Managing low-back disorder risk in the workplace, Online interactivity, Neuroergonomics, Office ergonomics, Social networking, HF & E in motor vehicle transportation, User requirements, Human factors and ergonomics in aviation, Human factors in ambient intelligent environments. As with the earlier editions, the main purpose of this handbook is to serve the needs of the human.
- 9781118129067 (electronic bk.)
1118129067 (electronic bk.)
- Includes index.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 8156191