Research handbook on hedge funds, private equity and alternative investments / edited by Phoebus Athanassiou
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, Mass. : Edward Elgar, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 508 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Athanassiou, Phoebus
- Research handbooks in financial law
- Machine generated contents note: pt. A FOUNDATIONS -- 1.Hedge funds - an introduction / Ludwig Chincarini -- 2.Europe's hedge fund industry - an overview / Francois-Serge Lhabitant -- 3.Sovereign-wealth funds - a paradigm shift in capital flows in the global economy / Dilip K. Das -- 4.Private equity funds' performance, risk and selection / Ludovic Phalippou -- pt. B REGULATORY ISSUES -- 5.Alternative investments and retail investors - a bold but risky experiment / Harry McVea -- 6.Hedge fund reporting / David Schroder -- 7.Hedge fund activism / Hyunseob Kim -- 8.Hedge funds and the detection of managerial fraud / Veronika Krepely Pool -- 9.Self-regulation - what future in the context of hedge funds? / Marco Lamandini -- 10.Hedge fund regulation through competition law principles - some reflections / David Harrison -- pt. C ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENT FUNDS - FAILURES AND FINANCIAL CRISES -- 11.Lessons of Long-Term Capital Management and Amaranth Advisors / Mark Jickling -- 12.Hedge funds and their impact on systemic stability / Mariu Stromqvist -- 13.Sovereign default risks in the Economic and Monetary Union and the role of vulture funds / Peter Yeoh -- pt. D COMPARATIVE PERSPECTIVES AND FUTURE PROSPECTS -- 14.US regulation of investment advisers and private investment funds - a concise overview / John Adams -- 15.German alternative investment fund regulation - wrong answers to the wrong questions? / Norbert Lang -- 16.Hedge funds, private equity and alternative investment in Australia / Alex Erskine -- 17.The EU's AIFM Directive and its impact - an overview / Thomas Bullman -- 18.The domestic rooting of financial regulation in an era of global capital markets / W. Kindred Winecoff.
- 9781849802789 (hbk.), 1849802785 (hbk.), 9781849806084 (ebook), and 184980608X (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8156857