The cultural politics of twentieth-century Spanish theatre : representing the auto sacramental / Carey Kasten
- Kasten, Carey
- Additional Titles:
- Cultural politics of 20th century Spanish theatre
- Lewisburg [Pa.] : Bucknell University Press ; Lanham, Md. : Co-published with Rowman & Littlefield Pub. Group, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxxix, 220 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Introduction: autonomizing the Calderonian auto sacramental -- Tradition revised: the auto sacramental in the early twentieth century. The avant-garde rediscovery of the auto -- Francoism and the auto as political mouthpiece restoring the auto: from the battlefield to a national theater -- Tradition overthrown: the auto sacramental in the post-Franco era. Subverting tradition: Francisco Nieva and his sacred irreverence -- Emerging from darkness: national and theatrical revision in Jesús Campos García's A ciegas -- The auto industry: anti-commercialism and the plays of Ernesto Caballero -- Conclusion.
- 9781611483819 (cloth : alk. paper)
1611483816 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8157371