Mixed communities [electronic resource] : gentrification by stealth? / edited by Gary Bridge, Tim Butler and Loretta Lees
- Bristol : Policy Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xi, 372 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Bridge, Gary, Butler, Tim, 1949-, and Lees, Loretta
- pt. 1. Reflections on social mix policy -- pt. 2. Social mix in liberal and neoliberal times -- pt. 3. Social mix policies and gentrification -- pt. 4. The rhetoric and reality of social mix policies -- pt. 5. Experiencing social mix.
- Encouraging neighbourhood social mix has been a major goal of urban policy and planning in a number of different countries. This book draws together a range of case studies by international experts to assess the impacts of social mix policies and the degree to which they might represent gentrification by stealth.
- 9781847424952 (electronic bk.)
1847424953 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 323-363) and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Perth, W.A. Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 8158574