Blueberries [electronic resource] / Jorge B. Retamales and James F. Hancock
- Crop production science in horticulture series ; 21
- The blueberry industry -- Blueberry taxonomy and breeding -- Growth and development -- Light, photosynthesis, quality and yield in blueberries -- Nutrition -- Blueberry field management and harvesting -- Growth regulators -- Blueberry pests, their management and cultivar resistance -- Pre- and postharvest management of fruit quality.
- This book covers various aspects of blueberry (Vaccinium sp.) science and culture. The basic science behind the growth and development of blueberries, their botanical characteristics, and the implications and effects of various management practices and environmental conditions on blueberry production are discussed. Specific topics included are: the blueberry industry (chapter 1); taxonomy and breeding (chapter 2); growth and development (chapter 3); light, photosynthesis, quality and yield (chapter 4); nutrition (chapter 5); field management and harvesting (chapter 6); growth regulators (chapter 7); pests, their management, and cultivar resistance (chapter 8); and pre- and postharvest management of fruit quality (chapter 9). This book is targeted towards blueberry researchers and students in horticulture, but it should also be useful for growers and people in the industry who want to update their knowledge on this crop.
- 9781845939045 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 300-307) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8159105