Women who opt out [electronic resource] : the debate over working mothers and work-family balance / edited by Bernie D. Jones
- Preface -- "Opting out" : women's history and feminist legal theory -- Introduction: women, work and motherhood in American history / Bernie D. Jones -- Is "opting out" for real? -- The rhetoric and reality of "opting out" : toward a better understanding of professional women's decisions to head home / Pamela Stone and Lisa Ackerly Hernandez -- The real "opt-out revolution" and a new model of flexible careers / Kerstin Aumann and Ellen Galinsky -- Can all women "opt in" before they "opt out?" -- "Opting in" to full labor force participation in hourly jobs / Susan J. Lambert -- The challenges to and consequences of "opting out" for low-wage, new mothers / Maureen Perry-Jenkins -- The future of family caregiving : the value of work-family strategies that benefit both : care consumers and paid care workers / Peggie R. Smith -- Care work and women's employment : a comparative perspective / JoyaMisra -- Conclusion -- The opt out revolution revisited / Joan C. Williams & Jamie Dolkas -- Bibliography -- About the contributors -- Index.
- 0814745059 (electronic bk.) and 9780814745052 (electronic bk.)
- Description based on print version record. and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Perth, W.A. Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 8159114