Witches, midwives & nurses [electronic resource] : a history of women healers / Barbara Ehrenreich & Deirdre English
- Contemporary classics
- As we watch another agonizing attempt to shift the future of health care in the United States, we are reminded of the longevity of this crisis, and how firmly entrenched we are in a system that doesn't work. Witches, Midwives, and Nurses, first published by The Feminist Press in 1973, is an essential book about the corruption of the medical establishment and its historic roots in witch hunters. In this new edition, Barbara Ehrenreich and Deirdre English have written an entirely new chapter that delves into the current fascination with and controversies about witches, exposing our fears and fan
- 155861690X (electronic bk.) and 9781558616905 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 8160379