- The picture book : where words and art come together -- My family and myself -- In my community -- Out in the world -- The world of imagination -- Folktales and fairy tales.
- Providing descriptive annotations of the best children's picture books published in the last decade, this comprehensive overview is perfect for librarians, teachers, parents, daycare providers, and anyone who works with young children. It is both an excellent tool for collection development and an abundant resource for planning storytimes and other children's programming. With selections based on proven appeal and quality, Northrup's survey features An introductory essay on the nature of the picture book, and an explanation of the evaluation criteria Bibliographic information on each picture book, including author, illustrator, publisher, date, and age recommendation A thorough index for quick reference and an appendix of additional suggested resources Packed with ardent and insightful recommendations, this book makes it a snap to select and use just the right picture books.
- 9780838911440 (alk. paper)
0838911447 (alk. paper)
- Revised edition of: Picture books for children / Patricia J. Cianciolo. Fourth edition. 1997.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8161798