Knowledge is light : travellers in the Near East / edited by Katherine Salahi
- Oxford ; Oakville, CT : ASTENE and Oxbow Books, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 103 pages : illustrations(some color) ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Salahi, Katherine
- Machine generated contents note: John Covel: a Levant Company Chaplain at Constantinople in the 1670s / Lucy Pollard -- Depictions of Islam in Seventeenth-Century English Travel Accounts / Anders Ingram -- Saved From Pirates / Peta Ree -- Willey Reveley and the Greek Revival: A Journey Through Italy, Egypt and Greece in the Years 1785 and 1786 / Patricia Usick -- James Rennell and his Scientific World of Observation / Janet Starkey -- A Journey Through the Holy Land, 1820 / Deborah Manley -- Death and Resurrection: the Renans in Syria (1860-61) / Geoffrey Nash -- Theodore Ralli's Diary on his Travel to Athos (1885) / Maria-Mirka Palioura -- Men in Skirts and How to Become Frank / John Chapman.
- 9781842174487 (pbk.) and 1842174487 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8161805