Parenting girls on the autism spectrum : overcoming the challenges and celebrating the gifts / Eileen Riley-Hall ; foreword by Shana Nichols
- Riley-Hall, Eileen
- London ; Philadelphia : Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 254 pages ; 23 cm
- Defining autism and meeting my girls -- The diagnosis -- Girls on the spectrum -- Education -- Friends -- Siblings -- Causes, treatments, and acceptance: how to help your daughter and how to accept your daughter -- The World Wide Web -- Milestones -- Autism truths and myths -- Dark moments -- Special gifts -- Outtakes, mistakes, and C is for crazy -- Relationships -- Taking care of you -- The future.
- Riley-Hall is the mother of two teenage girls, one with Asperger's syndrome and the other with autism. She offers encouragement and guidance on issues, as well as practical advice and support.
- 9781849058933 (alk. paper)
1849058938 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8162165