Epidemiology, biostatistics, and preventive medicine / James F. Jekel [and others].
- Philadelphia : Saunders/Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 421 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Jekel, James F.
- Basic epidemiologic concepts and principles -- Epidemiologic data sources and measurements -- Epidemiologic surveillance and outbreak investigation -- The study of causation in epidemiologic investigation and research -- Common research designs used in epidemiology -- Assessment of risk and benefit in epidemiologic studies -- Understanding the quality of data in clinical medicine -- Improving decisions in clinical medicine -- Describing variation in data -- Statistical inference and hypothesis testing -- Bivariate analysis -- Sample size, randomization, and probability theory -- Multivariable analysis -- Introduction to preventive medicine -- Methods of primary prevention: health promotion -- Methods of primary prevention: specific protection -- Methods of secondary prevention -- Methods of tertiary prevention -- Selected topics in prevention -- The public health system: structure and function -- Health care organization, policy, and financing.
- "Succinct yet thorough, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Preventive Medicine, 3rd Edition brings you today's best knowledge on epidemiology, biostatistics, preventive medicine, and public health - in one convenient source. You'll find the latest on healthcare policy and financing, infectious diseases, chronic disease, and disease prevention technology. This text is also an outstanding resource for preparing for the USMLE, and the American Board of Preventive Medicine recommends it as a top review source for its core specialty examination." --Book Jacket.
- Rev. ed. of: Epidemiology, biostatistics, and preventive medicine / James F. Jekel, David L. Katz, Joann G. Elmore. 2nd ed. c2001.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Harrisburg copy: Purchased with funds from the Highmark Blue Shield Education Fund; 2011.
View MARC record | catkey: 8162258