Platelet-vessel wall interactions in hemostasis and thrombosis [electronic resource] / Rolando E. Rumbaut, Perumal Thiagarajan
- Synthesis lectures on integrated systems physiology : from molecules to function ; #4
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Platelets are essential mediators of the physiologic process of hemostasis and pathologic thrombosis. While platelets do not interact with vascular walls under normal conditions, vascular injury or inflammation result in a coordinated series of events including platelet adhesion, aggregation, and promotion of coagulation. In this review, we describe the primary mechanisms involved in these responses in various vascular beds of both macro- and microvessels, and outline key unresolved aspects of these important interactions.
- 9781615040391 (pbk.) and 9781615040407 (ebook)
- Title from PDF t.p. (viewed Aug. 16, 2011).
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 8165085