Boarded windows : a novel / Dylan Hicks
- Hicks, Dylan
- Minneapolis [Minn.] : Coffee House Press, 2012.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 252 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- "Wade Salem is a charismatic aesthete, drug dealer, and journeyman country musician. He's also a complicated father figure to this novel's narrator, whose cloudy childhood becomes both clearer and more confusing through Wade's stories, jokes, and lectures. Through the eyes of a keenly observant, underemployed record collector, Wade emerges as a sly, disruptive force, at once seductive and maddening. Shifting between flashbacks from the seventies and nineties, Boarded Windows is a postmodern orphan story that explores the fallibility of memory and the weight of our social and cultural inheritance. Dylan Hicks' debut novel captures the music and mood of the fading embers of America's boomer counterculture."--P.  of cover.
- 9781566892971 (alk. paper) and 156689297X (alk. paper)
- Source of Acquisition:
- Shenango copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2011.
View MARC record | catkey: 8166404