TR's inauguration, 1905  [electronic resource] / [production company unknown].
- Additional Titles:
- Theodore Roosevelt's inauguration, 1905 
- United States : [publisher not identified], 1905.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (10 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Dalzell, John, 1845-1927
Fuller, Melville Weston, 1833-1910
Lodge, Henry Cabot, 1850-1924
McKenney, James Hall, 1837-1913
Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919
Spooner, John C. (John Coit), 1843-1919
Americus Club of Pittsburgh
Paramount Pictures Corporation
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Scenes of TR's second inauguration on March 4, 1905 in Washington, D.C.: long panning shots of crowds gathered at the Capitol; on a platform erected on the East Front of the Capitol, Chief Justice Melville W. Fuller administers the presidential oath of office to TR as Chief Clerk of the Supreme Court James H. McKenney holds the Bible; TR speaks to crowd. Views of the West Point band and cadets, the Naval Academy band and midshipmen, men on horseback, and the Citizens Americus Club of Pittsburgh, carrying umbrellas, marching by and turning the corner off Pennsylvania Ave. onto Fifteenth St., NW. Views of the presidential escort, Squadron A of New York National Guard, mounted Rough Riders, Secret Service, detectives, and TR's carriage moving on their way to the Capitol. Beside TR in the carriage is Sen. John C. Spooner of Wis., chairman of the Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies; opposite but not visible are Sen. Henry Cabot Lodge of Mass. and Rep. John Dalzell of Penn., both members of the committee. On Pennsylvania Ave., two groups of officers on horseback, a civilian band, and cavalry and marching soldiers parade by.
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919—Inauguration, 1905
- United States. Army. Cavalry, 1st
- United States Capitol (Washington, D.C.)
- United States Military Academy
- United States Naval Academy
- Inauguration Day
- Secret service—United States
- Fifteenth Street (Washington, D.C.)
- Pennsylvania Avenue (Washington, D.C.)
- Copyright: no reg.
Original duration: 4:33 (part 1), 3:48 (part 2), 1:13 (part 3) at 16 fps.
Film sequence is repeated and does not follow order of actual events.
Sources used: Washington, D.C. Inaugural Committee, 1905. Inauguration of Theodore Roosevelt as President of the United States, March 4, 1905. ; Washington post. 3/5/05:1-2; The New York herald. 3/5/05:2, 5; New York tribune. 3/5/05:1-3; P&P presidential file.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2010. (American history in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 8270425