Arrival of McKinley's funeral train at Canton, Ohio [electronic resource] / Thomas A. Edison, Inc
- Additional Titles:
- Funeral train arriving at Canton Station and Arrival of McKinley's funeral train
- United States : Thomas A. Edison, Inc., 1901.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (1 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc
- From a contemporary Edison film company catalog: FUNERAL TRAIN ARRIVING AT CANTON STATION. In recording this scene the position of our camera was an excellent one, and we present to the public a most perfect picture of the train's arrival. The engine is decorated with crepe to mark the solemnity of this great historical event. As the train stops at the platform great respect for the dead President is shown by the waiting diplomats and reception committee baring their heads and standing respectfully on one side as the mourners leave the train.
It is apparent that the camera was placed on a platform of a train station. A steam locomotive pulling several passenger cars can be seen nearing the camera position and coming to a stop. The remainder of the film is concerned with the people who get off the train and walk off the platform.
- Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 26Sept1901; H9082.
Original duration: 0:41 at 15 fps.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2010. (American history in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 8270426