The spirit of dance. Paula Josa-Jones/Performance Works [electronic resource] / Cape Cod Community Television (C3TV) ; directed by Ed Etsten ; produced by Ken Glazebrook and Norah Dale Allen
- Additional Titles:
- Paula Josa-Jones/Performance Works
- South Yarmouth, Mass. : Insight Media, 1996.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (60 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Allen, Norah Dale, Etsten, Ed., Glazebrook, Ken, Josa-Jones, Paula, Sebring, Ellen, and Cape Cod Community Television
- Paula Josa-Jones discusses her training in theater and dance, her beginnings as a choreographer, and the formation of her company. She offers some advice on how to view dance works, and discusses her dancers' approach and contributions to her choreography. In describing her choreographic process, she discusses why she choreographs, sources of ideas, and her interest in collaborative interaction with her dancers, composers and designers. Tonya Lockyer, a member of her company, provides a dancer's point of view on developing and performing Josa-Jones's choreography. The program includes video excerpts of Josa-Jones's works Eine kleine Nachtmusik, The yellow wallpaper, and Skin, plus complete footage of her videodance work Branch, created in collaboration with composer-videographer Ellen Sebring.
- Previously released on DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2011. (Dance in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 8272333