The spirit of dance. Dance in college [electronic resource] / Cape Cod Community Television (C3TV) ; directed by Ed Etsten ; produced by Ken Glazebrook and Norah Dale Allen
- Additional Titles:
- At head of title-frame: Spirit of dance : a conversation about dance, College dance, and Dance in college
- New Yourk, NY : Insight Media, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (59 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Allen, Norah Dale, Curran, Sean, Etsten, Ed., Fokine, Michel, 1880-1942, Glazebrook, Ken, Sturman, Janet, Tudor, Antony, 1909-1987, Warren, Gretchen Ward, and Cape Cod Community Television
- Spirit of dance
- Yasuko Tokunaga, artistic director of the dance division of Boston Conservatory of Music, and Gretchen Ward Warren, professor of dance at the University of South Florida in Tampa, discuss the dance programs at their respective institutions: curricula, degree programs, students, auditions and entrance requirements, and their graduates' achievements. They also offer advice to dancers debating the choice of college or professional career. A student's point of view is provided by Libby Stackhouse. Warren and Tokunaga also describe their dance backgrounds and the paths that led to their present positions ; Warren also talks about her two books, Classical ballet technique (1989) and The art of teaching ballet (1996). Video excerpts depict students of Boston Conservatory of Music in Michel Fokine's Les sylphides, Antony Tudor's Sunflowers, and Sean Curran's Each of both ; students of the University of South Florida are seen in Shallow waters, by a student choreographer, Warren's Concerto vivant, and Janet Sturman's Snagging the wave ; Stackhouse is seen in a variation from Les patineurs.
- Previously released on DVD. and Title on original container: College dance.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2011. (Dance in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 8272338