The spirit of dance. The Boston Ballet production of "Sleeping Beauty" [electronic resource] : a conversation about dance / produced by Ken Glazebrook and Norah Dale Allen ; directed by Ed Etsten
- Additional Titles:
- Sleeping beauty
Spirit of dance
Boston Ballet production of Sleeping Beauty
- South Yarmount, Mass. : C3TV, Cape Cod Community Television [production company], [2006?]
New York, NY : Distributed by Insight Media.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic resource (59 mins.).
- Additional Creators:
- Esteen, Ed.
Gross, Amy Persky
Allen, Norah Dale
Cape Cod Community Television
Insight Media (Firm)
- Spirit of dance
- Discussion of the Boston Ballet's production of The sleeping beauty, staged by Anna Marie Holmes.Parts of the discussion refer to Holmes's first staging of the ballet for the company in 1993. Holmes summarizes her own experience in the role of Princess Aurora, gives a synopsis of the ballet, and describes how her staging differs from Petipa's original. Philip Jordan and Amy Persky Gross describe the company's purchase and refurbishing of the scenery, costumes and wigs designed by David Walker for the Royal Ballet's 1977 production. Video excerpts recorded on location depict the Boston Ballet's costume shop ; its wig room (with Paula Kelly as guide), scenes of dancers in studio rehearsals, and performance footage.
- Related Titles:
- Spirit of Dance (Television program)
Sleeping beauty (Choreographic work : Holmes after Petipa, M and Sergeev)
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2009. (Dance in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 8272680