Hormones and reproduction of vertebrates. Volume 5, Mammals [electronic resource] / [edited by] David O. Norris, Kristin H. Lopez
- 1. Sexual Differentiation of the Mammalian Brain Desiree L. Krebs-Kraft and Margaret M. Mc McCarthy 2. Neuroendocrine Control of Gonadotropins in Mammals Toni R. Pak and Wilson C.J. Chung 3. Endocrine and Paracrine Regulation of Mammalian Spermatogenesis Zirkin, B.R., Brown, T.R., Jarow, J.P. and Wright, W.W. 4. Hormonal Regulation of the Ovary in Mammals 5. Hormones and Pregnancy in Eutherian Mammals Fuller W. Bazer and Thomas E. Spencer 6. The Comparative Physiology of Parturition in Mammals: Hormones and Parturition in Mammals Ross Young, Marilyn B Renfree, Sam Mesiano, Geoff Shaw, Graham Jenkin and Roger Smith 7. Stress and Reproduction in Mammals Lynda Uphouse 8. Behavioral Neuroendocrinology of Reproduction: Mammals Jin Ho Park and Emilie F. Rissman 9. Pheromones and Reproduction in Mammals Aras Petrulis 10. Hormones and Reproductive Cycles in Prototherians and Metatherians Bronwyn M. McAllan 11. Hormones and reproductive cycles in rodents Karen L. Bales and Caroline M. Hostetler 12. Hormones and Reproductive Cycles in Bats Amitabh Krishna and Kunwar P. Bhatnagar 13. Hormones and Reproductive Cycles in Primates Wendy Saltzman, Suzette D. Tardif, and Julienne N. Rutherford 14. Endocrine Disruption of Reproduction in Mammals Katherine E. Pelch, Joseph M. Beeman, Bridget A. Niebruegge, Stacey R. Winkeler, and Susan C. Nagel.
- This series of volumes represents a comprehensive and integrated treatment of reproduction in vertebrates from fishes of all sorts through mammals. It is designed to provide a readable, coordinated description of reproductive basics in each group of vertebrates as well as an introduction to the latest trends in reproductive research and our understanding of reproductive events. Whereas each chapter and each volume is intended to stand alone as a review of that topic or vertebrate group, respectively, the volumes are prepared so as to provide a thorough topical treatment across the vertebrates. Terminology has been standardized across the volumes to reduce confusion where multiple names exist in the literature, and a comprehensive glossary of these terms and their alternative names is provided. *A complete, essential and up to date reference for research scientists working on vertebrate hormones and reproduction - and on animlals as models in human reproductive research. *Covers the endocrinology, neuroendocrinology, physiology, behaviour and anatomy of vertebrate reproduction. *Structured coverage of the major themes for all five vertebrate groups allows a consistent treatment for all. *Special chapters elaborate on features specific to individual vertebrate groups and to comparative aspects, similarities and differences between them.
- 9780123749284 (electronic bk.)
012374928X (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8274835