Legal and ethical issues in health occupations / [edited by] Tonia Dandry Aiken
- St. Louis, Mo. : Saunders/Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 244 pages ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Aiken, Tonia D.
- The law -- Intentional and quasi-intentional torts -- Professional liability insurance -- Informed consent issues -- Documentation and the allied health professional -- Legal and ethical issues affecting educators and students -- Ethical issues in health occupations -- Legal and ethical considerations in medical imaging -- Administrative and medical record liability and litigation -- Clinical laboratory liability -- Medical equipment liability and litigation -- Patient care liability and litigation -- Conflict management and the healthcare provider -- Resource section -- The trial process.
- "With balanced coverage of both legal an ethical issues, this guide provides a foundation for handling common challenges in everyday practice. Real-life examples and case studies help you apply the book's concepts. For easier reading, content is presented in short, concise chunks. Expert author Tonia Aiken shares insights from her years of experience as a nurse, attorney, and public speaker to guide you through issues that may arise in practice, as well as the "danger zones" in clinical situations that could escalate into conflict or dispute." --Book Jacket.
- 9781416022626 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1416022627 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Harrisburg copy: Purchased with funds from the Highmark Blue Shield Education Fund; 2011.
View MARC record | catkey: 8278422