German folklore and popular culture [electronic resource] : Das Kloster / [compiled by] Scheible
- Additional Titles:
- Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, a part of Cengage Learning, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13,776 images)
- Additional Creators:
- Scheible, J. (Johann)
- Language Note:
- Text in German; search interface in English.
- Restrictions on Access:
- This resource is available only to current faculty, staff and students of Columbia University.
- Das Kloster is a collection of magical and occult texts, chapbooks, folklore, popular superstition and fairy tales of the German Renaissance compiled by Stuttgart antiquarian Johann Scheible, between 1845 and 1849. In addition to the Das Kloster volumes, this collection provides additional volumes of unique perspectives on Central European culture and tradition. Included are texts essential for the study of German folk traditions, the Reformation, wit and humor, and 19th-century literature.
- Related Titles:
- Date range of documents: 1845-1849.
Reproduction of the originals from various libraries.
- Endowment Note:
- Class of 1935 Libraries Endowment
Gift of the Laurent LeSage Libraries Collection Endowment for French Continental Literature
Laurent LeSage Libraries Collection Endowment for French Continental Literature
View MARC record | catkey: 8278751