Ingres and the studio : women, painting, history / Sarah Betzer
- Betzer, Sarah E., 1972-
- University Park, Pa. : Pennsylvania State University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xix, 308 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Ingres, Jean-Auguste-Dominique, 1780-1867
- Introduction -- The Ingriste portrait as history -- Ingres's studio and the subjects of art -- Julie Mottez, Rome, and Ingriste myths of origin -- Marie D'Agoult, the aesthetics of androgyny, and the apotheosis of Ingrisme -- Ingres's studio between history and allegory : Rachel, antiquity, and tragedie -- Conclusion.
- "An exploration of the portrait art of Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres, focusing on his studio practice and his training of students"--
- 9780271048758 (cloth : alk. paper)
0271048751 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -297) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8279684