Real steel [videorecording] / Dreamworks Pictures and Reliance Entertainment present ; a 21 Laps, Montford Murphy production ; a Shawn Levy film ; produced by Don Murphy & Susan Montford and Shawn Levy ; story by Dan Gilroy and Jeremy Leven ; screenplay by John Gatins ; directed by Shawn Levy
- [Burbank, Calif.] : Touchstone Home Entertainment, 2012.
[Burbank, Calif.] : Distributed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (approximately 127 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Levy, Shawn, 1968-, Murphy, Don, 1962-, Montford, Susan, Gilroy, Dan, 1959-, Leven, Jeremy, Gatins, John, Jackman, Hugh, Lilly, Evangeline, 1979-, Goyo, Dakota, 1999-, Durand, Kevin, Mackie, Anthony, 1978-, Davis, Hope, 1967-, Elfman, Danny, Fiore, Mauro, Matheson, Richard, 1926-2013, Dreamworks Pictures, Reliance Entertainment, 21 Laps Entertainment (Firm), Montford Murphy Productions, Touchstone Home Entertainment (Firm), and Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish dialogue, optional French or Spanish subtitles ; subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (SDH) ; audio described in English (DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital) ; closed-captioned.
- Charlie Kenton is a washed-up fighter who lost his chance at a title when 2000-pound, 8-foot-tall steel robots took over the ring. Now nothing but a small-time promoter, Charlie earns just enough money piecing together low-end bots from scrap metal to get from one underground boxing venue to the next. When Charlie hits rock bottom, he reluctantly teams up with his estranged son Max to build and train a championship contender.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for some violence, intense action and brief language OFRB rating: PG.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2011.
Based in part on the short story: Steel / by Richard Matheson.
Bonus features: making of Metal Valley ; build the bots ; bloopers ; audio commentary with the director.
Description based on surrogate.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Mauro Fiore ; editor, Dean Zimmerman ; music, Danny Elfman.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Hugh Jackman, Dakota Goyo, Evangeline Lilly, Anthony Mackie, Kevin Durand, Hope Davis.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen 16x9 (2.35:1) aspect ratio, 5.1 Dolby Digital.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 8279821