Education Policy Analysis 2002 [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Staff
- Washington : Organization for Economic Cooperation & Development, Dec. 2002.
- Physical Description:
- 136 pages : illustrations ; 27.000 x 0 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation This report examines education policies adopted by OECD countries in order to meet the continuing growth in demand for learning opportunities and the pressures to manage resources efficiently. Based on country experiences and recent research, issues discussed include: key strategies for improving access to quality early childhood education and care; characteristics of schools that develop good literacy skills amongst pupils; policy options for overcoming teacher shortages; the growth of international learning opportunities and the challenges for national policy making; and the concept of 'human capital' which seeks to balance the economic rationale for education with its wider social and personal benefits.
9264199306 (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Scholarly & Professional Organization for Economic Cooperation & Development
View MARC record | catkey: 8282390