Job search in academe [electronic resource] : how to get the position you deserve / Dawn M. Formo and Cheryl Reed ; foreword by Kristina Mesaros, Carla Maroudas, and Kevin Degnan
- Formo, Dawn M. (Dawn Marie), 1968-
- Sterling, Va. : Stylus, 2011.
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 268, iv, 150 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Reed, Cheryl, 1952- and Ebooks Corporation
- Becoming literate in the employment line : Dr. Strangefield, or, How we learned to stop worrying and love the job search -- Case study 1 : to enter the job market fray or not? -- Writing the script : the application process -- Case study 2 : making your file work : personalize! -- The callback : the professional conference interview -- Case study 3 : the (somewhat) lighter side of the academic job search -- The screen test : the campus interview -- Case study 4 : my job search : a Cinderella story -- Case study 5 : it can be done : getting a tenure-track job as ABD in the Humanities -- Rehearsing for ad-libbing : preparing for (un)anticipated interview questions -- Case study 6 : the ghosts in the machine : women of color and the job market -- The awards ceremony : negotiating the university job contract or deciding to "leave showbiz" -- Case study 7 : managing negotiations with the clock ticking -- Case study 8 : the academic couple -- Case study 9 : reading, writing, and ramen : an academic couple's search for sustainable employment -- Case study 10 : the corporate interview -- Best performance in an underfunded public drama : the tenure-track professorship at the community college -- Case study 11 : a community college candidate's perspective -- Case study 12 : tale of two interviews : how failing to get the job can still lead to important insight -- Case study 13 : calling on your professional experience : securing a votech (vocational technology) teaching position -- In the director's chair : being an ethical academic advisor to students preparing for the job search.
- 1579225373 (electronic bk.) and 9781579225377 (electronic bk.)
- Description based on print version record. and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Perth, W.A. Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 8394035