Media, place and mobility / Shaun Moores
- Moores, Shaun
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 128 pages ; 22 cm.
- Key concerns in media studies
- Machine generated contents note: -- Preface and Acknowledgements -- The Situational Geography of Social Life -- When Space Feels Thoroughly Familiar -- Forms of Dwelling in a World of Flux -- Conclusion: Non-Media-Centric Media Studies -- Bibliography -- Index.
- "Media, Place and Mobility offers a new understanding of media uses as place-making practices in everyday living. Drawing primarily on phenomenological perspectives, Shaun Moores focuses on the ways in which people inhabit physical and media environments, and he explores the bodily and technologically mediated mobilities that are involved in this activity of dwelling. His discussion includes many specific examples of mobility, from the manipulation of remote-control devices to the movements of walking and driving in the city or of getting around in online social spaces. Written in an accessible style, the book invites its readers to participate in the interdisciplinary adventure of non-media-centric media studies"--
- 9780230244634 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2011.
View MARC record | catkey: 8397586