King Arthur and medieval Britain [videorecording] / Partisan Pictures, Satel
- disc 1. Quest for King Arthur (86 min.) ; King Arthur : his life and legends (45 min.) ; Ancient mysteries : Camelot (46 min.) -- disc 2. Knights and armor (94 min.) ; Ancient mysteries : quest for the Holy Grail (46 min.).
- For centuries, the adventures of King Arthur and his fabled court of heroes, the Knights of the Round Table, have dominated the imagination of the western world. This special collection presents five original specials that will help separate fact from fiction.
- Title from disc label.
Originally broadcast on the A&E Television Network.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Quest for King Arthur: Produced by Partisan Pictures for History Television Network ; written & directed by Don Campbell ; producer, Doug Shultz. Originally produced c2004.
King Arthur: A Satel Documentary production for A & E Television Networks ; produced and directed by Sue Hayes. Originally produced as an episode of the television series Biography c1995.
Camelot: Produced by Multimedia Entertainment Inc. and Filmroos Inc. in association with A & E Network ; producer, David M. Frank ; produced by William Kronick. Originally produced as an episode of the television series Ancient mysteries, c1995.
Knights and armor: Co-produced by Muse Film and Television ; a Satel Documentary production in association with A & E Networks ; producer, Sue Hayes ; director, Andy Stevenson. Originally produced c1994.
Quest for the Holy Grail: Produced by FilmRoos Inc. for A & E Network ; produced by Truusje Kushner. Originally produced as an episode of the television series Ancient mysteries, c1997.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Quest for King Arthur: Narrator, Patrick Stewart.
King Arthur: Legends narrated by Mike Grady ; programme narrated by John Shrapnel.
Camelot: Host, Leonard Nimoy.
Knights and armor: Narrator, Edward Herrmann, Nick Chilvers.
Quest for the Holy Grail: Host, Leonard Nimoy.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, (1.33:1) aspect ratio, Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
- Source of Acquisition:
- York copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2011.
View MARC record | catkey: 8398369