The State water plan : subbasin 17 : Central Allegheny River / prepared by Office of Resources Management, Bureau of Resources Programming, Division of Comprehensive Resources Programming
- Harrisburg : Department of Environmental Resources, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 171 pages : illustrations, maps (some color) ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Pennsylvania. Division of Comprehensive Resources Programming
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- SWP ; 17
- SUMMARY AND RECOMMENDATIONS: Water quality -- Water supply -- Flood damage reduction -- Water-related outdoor recreation -- Wild and scenic rivers -- Navigation -- GOALS AND OBJECTIVES: Water supply -- Flood damage reduction -- Outdoor recreation -- Water quality management -- Environmental quality -- PHYSICAL FEATURES AND RESOURCES: Basin orientation -- Climate -- Hydrology -- Topography -- Geology and groundwater -- Mineral resources -- Soils -- Forest resources -- Fish, waterfowl, and furbearer resources -- SOCIO-ECONOMIC FEATURES: Historical setting -- Economy and employment -- Population -- Transportation -- Land Use -- WATER RESOURCES PROBLEMS AND SOLUTION ALTERNATIVES: Water uses -- Flood damage reduction -- Water-related outdoor recreation -- Wild and scenic rivers -- Water quality -- Erosion and sedimentation -- Navigation -- PRINCIPAL PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS AND ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL IMPACTS OF STRUCTURAL ALTERNATIVES: Potential multipurpose Corps of Engineers Projects -- Potential consumptive use makeup alternatives -- Projects recommended for water supply or flood control.
- Illustrative matter in pocket.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 84072