Transition cinema : political filmmaking and the Argentine left since 1968 / Jessica Stites Mor
- Stites Mor, Jessica
- Pittsburgh : University of Pittsburgh Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 264 pages ; 23 cm.
- Illuminations: cultural formations of the Americas
- Introduction -- The spectacle of the past. Cameras in the hands of "angry young men": filmmaking and the Cordobazo -- Filmmakers into film workers: Peronism, dictatorship, and the film industry -- Reimagining the left. The scene and the city: coded landscapes and collective memory in transition -- Experience, representation, and reproduction: displacement and El Sur de Solanas -- The mediated subject. Documentalismo: political filmmaking and social movements -- Postmodern exigencies: new media, memory, and critical spaces -- Conclusion.
- 9780822961918 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0822961911 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Filmography: pages 229-234.
View MARC record | catkey: 8504867