Equity and quality in Education [electronic resource] : Supporting disadvantaged students and Schools
- Corporate Author:
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Washington : Organization for Economic Cooperation & Development, Feb. 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 168 pages ; 11.000 x 08.250 in.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation Across OECD countries, almost one in every five students does not reach a basic minimum level of skills. In addition, students from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds are twice as likely to be low performers. Lack of fairness and inclusion can lead to school failure and this means that one in every five young adults on average drop out before completing upper secondary education. Reducing school failure pays off for both society and individuals. The highest performing education systems across OECD countries combine quality with equity. This report presents policy recommendations for education systems to help all children succeed in their schooling.
9264130845 (Trade Paper)
View MARC record | catkey: 8507025