Japan [electronic resource] / [prepared by Chang-Hun Han].
- Han, Chʻang-hun
- Additional Titles:
- Jobs for youth : Japan
Des emplois pour les jeunes : Japan
- Paris : OECD Publications, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- 130 p. : col. ill. ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Employment, Labour and Social Affairs Committee
- Jobs for youth = Des emplois pour les jeunes, 1997-6836
- Language Note:
- Text in English, summary and main recommendations also in French.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The challenges ahead -- Education and training -- Tackling demand-side barriers to youth employment -- Active labour market policies and benefits.
- Improving the performance of youth on the labor market is a crucial challenge in many OECD countries and first experiences on the labor market have a profound influence on later working life. This report on Japan surveys the main barriers to employment for young people in Japan, assesses of the adequacy and effectiveness of existing measures to improve the transition from school to work in the country, and presents set of policy recommendations.--Publisher's description.
- "The OECD's Employment, Labour, and Social Affairs Committee has decided to carry out a thematic review of policies to facilitate the transition from school to work and improve the career perspectives of youth" --Pref.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 125-130).
View MARC record | catkey: 8507354