First-generation college students : understanding and improving the experience from recruitment to commencement / Lee Ward, Michael J. Siegel, Zebulun Davenport ; foreword by John N. Gardner
- The Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Who Are First-Generation Students? -- 2.Transition into College -- 3.Transition Through College -- 4.Class, Culture, Race, and Ethnicity -- 5.Transforming How We Work with First-Generation Students -- 6.A Holistic Approach to Student Success.
- "As more and more of the college-going population is made up of those who are the first in their families to attend college, institutions need to find ways to help these students succeed if they expect to maintain enrollments. This groundbreaking resource explores the challenges and barriers to first-generation students and offers a wealth of helpful recommendations for helping these students succeed in their academic careers. This book helps leaders in academic and student affairs to understand these special challenges and how best to meet them"--
- 9780470474440 (hardback) and 0470474440 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2012
View MARC record | catkey: 8508258