Water in mineral processing / edited by Jaroslaw Drelich ; contributing editors, Jiann-Yang Hwang [and others].
- Conference Author:
- International Symposium on Water in Mineral Processing (1st : 2012 : Seattle, Wash.)
- Englewood, Colo. : Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 407 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Drelich, J. (Jaroslaw) and Hwang, Jiann-Yang
- Machine generated contents note: pt. 1 Keynotes -- Water Water Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink, Nor Do I Know Its Whereabouts / Robert Dunne -- Arsenic and Life: Bacterial Redox Reactions Associated with Arsenic Oxyanions / Ronald S. Oremland -- pt. 2 Processing With Sea Water and Saline Solutions -- Challenges in Flotation of Cu-Mo Sulfide Ores in Sea Water / Sergio Castro -- Correlation of Graphite Flotation and Gas Holdup in Saline Solutions / J.A. Finch -- Foaming Properties of Flotation Frothers at High Electrolyte Concentrations / J.S. Laskowski -- Role of Saline Water in the Selective Flotation of Fine Particles / Dee Bradshaw -- Induction Time Measurements for Air Bubbles on Chalcopyrite, Bornite, and Gold in Seawater / Jan D. Miller -- Removal of Ions from Water with Electrosorption Technology / Xiaowei Sun -- Research on Primary Water Hardness of Coal Slurry / Ming-qing Zhang -- pt. 3 Water Treatment and Biological Methods -- Membrane Operations in Water Treatment and Reuse / Francesca Macedonio -- Application of Membrane Separation Technologies to Wastewater Reclamation and Reuse / Peter S. Cartwright -- Removal of Heavy Elements from Aqueous Processes / Jean Robert Durand -- New Electro-Biochemical Reactor for Treatment of Wastewaters / A. Opara -- Kinetics and Thermodynamic Studies on Biosorption of Heavy Metals Using Ecklonia Maxima / D.I.O. Ikhu-Omoregbe -- Flotation of Chalcopyrite in Water Containing Bacteria / Sue Vink -- Relationships Observed in Rock Pile Microbial Populations / J. Kennedy -- Mining Effluent Reutilization in Biomass Production / M.J. Garcia -- pt. 4 Effect of Water Quality on Minerals Processing -- Effect of Cations, Anions, and Ionic Strength on the Flotation of Pentlandite-Pyroxene Mixtures / N. Plint -- Frothing in the Flotation of Copper Sulfide Ores in Sea Water / J.S. Laskowski -- Impact of Total Dissolved Solids in Process Water on the Surface Properties of Silica and Sphalerite Minerals / Zhenghe Xu -- Desalination of Coal Mine Water with Electrosorption / Jiann-Yang Hwang -- Impact of Dissolved Gangue Species and Fine Colloidal Matter in Process Water on Flotation Performance / Raymond S. Farinato -- Particle Aggregation and Sedimentation Characteristics of Kaolinite Suspensions as Explained by Surface Charge Considerations / Vishal Gupta -- Multi-Scale Investigation of Applying Secondary Effluent in Sulfide Flotation / Wei Zhang -- Trace Metals Removal with Precipitated Solids from Uranium Mine Effluent at Cameco's Key Lake Operation / Arthur Lieu -- pt. 5 Water and Tailings Management -- Alternatives to Coal Mine Tailings Impoundment---Evaluation of Three Dewatering Methods at Rockspring Coal Mine / Bret Cousins -- Mine Wastewater Treatment Using Novel Processes / Deepak Musale -- Removal of Phosphate from Mine Water Effluents---How to Meet Future Regulations for Effluent Waters / Matias Penttinen -- Mitigation Strategies to Reduce Diethylenetriamine (DETA) Residual in Tailings Water at Vale's Sudbury Operation / Manqiu Xu -- Managing Our Most Precious Resource---Quality and Quantity Issues With Water for Mineral Processing in Western Australia / Damian Connelly -- Using Spreadsheets to Evaluate the Effects of Mine Water Disposal on Surface and Ground Water / Lisa M. Boettcher -- Wastewater Recycling Technology in Fankou Lead-Zinc Mine of China / Jinping Dai -- Sulfidized Red Mud---A New Sorbent for Toxic Substances / Joseph Iannicelli.
- 9780873353496 (print)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Kenneth & Marion Pollock Libraries Program Endowment; 2012
- Endowment Note:
- Kenneth and Marion Pollock Libraries Program Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 8508527