Memorias del subdesarrollo [videorecording] / El Instituto Cubano del Arte e Industria Cinematográficos presenta ; realización, Tomás Gutiérrez Alea ; producción, Miguel Mendoza
- Additional Titles:
- Parallel title on disc label: Memories of underdevelopment and Memories of under development
- [United Kingdom?] : Mr. Bongo Films, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (93 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Gutiérrez Alea, Tomás, 1928-1996, Mendoza, Miguel, Corrieri, Sergio, Granados, Daisy, Núñez, Eslinda, Ponchora, Beatriz, Suárez, Ramón F., Rodríguez, Nelson, 1938-, Brouwer, Leo, 1939-, Desnoes, Edmundo, 1930-, Instituto Cubano de Arte e Industria Cinematográfica, Mr. Bongo Films (Firm), and Contemporary Films (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In Spanish with optional English subtitles.
- A study of Cuban society before and after the revolution as seen through the eyes of a Europeanized intellectual, a landlord and self-styled writer, who is too idealistic to leave for Miami but too decadent to fit into the new society.
- Audience Notes:
- Suitable only for persons 15 years and over.
- Based on the novel by Edmundo Desnoes.
Originally produced as motion picture in 1968.
Includes stills gallery.
"Contemporary Films presents."
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Ramón F. Suárez; editor, Nelson Rodriguez; music, Leo Brouwer.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Sergio Corrieri, Daisy Granados, Eslinda Núñez, Beatriz Ponchova.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, all regions, PAL, aspect ratio: 1.6:1; Dolby Digital.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2015
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries)
View MARC record | catkey: 8512357