Gray's anatomy [videorecording] / directed by Steven Soderbergh ; produced by John Hardy ; a production of the Independent Film Channel in association with BBC Films
- Uniform Title:
- Gray's anatomy (Motion picture)
- [United States] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Director-approved special ed.
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs (79 min.) : sound, color & black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet
- Additional Creators:
- Soderbergh, Steven, 1963-
Gray, Spalding, 1941-2004
McLaughlin, M. J.
Independent Film Channel
Criterion Collection (Firm)
- Criterion collection ; 618
- Language Note:
- In English with optional subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- One of the great raconteurs of stage and screen comes together with one of cinema's boldest image makers, Oscar winning director Steven Soderbergh for Gray's Anatomy, a spellbinding adaptation of Gray's 1993 monologue of the same name in which he chronicles his journey from diagnosis to treatment of a rare ocular condition.
- Based on the monologue by Spalding Gray and Renée Shafransky.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1997.
Special features: new interviews with Soderbergh and monologue cowriter Renée Shafransky; 'Swimming to the Macula,' sixteen minutes of footage from Spalding Grays' actual eye surgery; trailer; Disc 2. 'A personal history of the American Theater,' a ninety-five-minute monologue by Gray, originally produced by the Wooster Group in 1980 and videotaped in 1982.
Accompanying booklet features essay by film critic Amy Toubin.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Interviewees: Spalding Gray, Mike McLaughlin, Milissa Robertson, Alvin Henry, Alyne Hargroder, Buddy Carr.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 8512801