What does it mean to be white? : developing white racial literacy / Robin DiAngelo
- DiAngelo, Robin J.
- New York : Peter Lang, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 318 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Counterpoints, studies in the postmodern theory of education ; vol. 398
- Race in education -- Unique challenges of race education -- Socialization -- Defining terms -- The cycle of oppression -- What is race? -- What is racism? -- "New" racism -- How race shapes the lives of white people -- What makes racism so hard for whites to see? -- Intersecting identities : the example of class -- Common patterns of well-intentioned white people -- Popular white narratives that deny racism -- A note on white silence -- Racism and specific racial groups -- Antiracist education and the road ahead.
- 9781433111167 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1433111160 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9781433111150 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1433111152 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -318).
View MARC record | catkey: 8513022