Feminism for real [electronic resource] : deconstructing the academic industrial complex of feminism / edited by Jessica Yee
- Our schools/our selves book series ; v. 4
- Introduction / Jessica Yee -- Resistance to indigenous feminism / Krysta Williams and Erin Konsmo -- A slam on feminism in academia : a poem / by Shaunga Tagore -- The feminist existential crisis (dark child remix) / Latoya Peterson -- Medicine bundle of contradictions : female-man, Mi'kmaq/Acadian/Irish diasporas, invisible disAbilities, masculine-feminist / Louis Esme Cruz -- Internal war, woven basket shaking, a purple and green line moving in opposite directions, crisp early morning : four poems / by Nimikii Couchie -- AQSAzine : Muslims speaking for ourselves / by AQSAzine Collective -- Pride from behind / Shabiki Crane -- Male feminist and invisible activists : two poems / by Robert Animikii Horton -- Maybe I'm not class-mobile; maybe i'm class-queer : poor kids in college, and survival under hierarchy / Megan Lee -- Sex work and feminism : an interview with anna Saini / Jessica Yee -- No, I would follow the porn star's advice : a case study in educational privilege and kyriarchy / Andrea Plaid -- So what if we didn't call it feminism?! : feminism and indigenous people / Theresa (TJ) Lightfoot -- After the third wave and challenging your textbook-isms : two poems / by D. Cole Ossandon -- Fuck the glass ceiling! / Robyn Maynard -- Feminism and eating disorders : wishful thinking for a more caring attitude / by Cassandra Polyzou -- My secret : a poem / by Peggy Cooke -- Mistakes I didn't know I was making, or, A portrait of a Feminist as a young academic, or even, Battlestar Academica : a short essay about my time at grad school where I was trained to come up with long witty titles for my writing (among other things) / Diandra Jurkic-Walls -- My journey to indigenous feminism / Jocelyn Formsma -- This shit is real : deconstructing dialogue in feminist education/ Krysta Williams and Ashling Ligate -- Finding our voice in the mainstream media madness / Lisa Mantia -- On learning how not to be an asshole academic feminist / Kate Klein.
- Against a backdrop exposing a 500+ year legacy of colonization and oppression, Feminism for real explores what has led us to the existence of 'feminism', who gets to decide what it is, and why.
- 9781926888651 (electronic bk.)
1926888650 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 8519944