Lope de Vega's El palacio confuso : together with a study of the Menaechmi theme in Spanish literature / by Charles Henry Stevens
- Vega, Lope de, 1562-1635. Spurious and doubtful works
- Uniform Title:
- Palacio confuso
- New York : Instituto de las Españas en los Estados Unidos, 1939.
- Physical Description:
- xcii, 138 p. ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Stevens, Charles Henry, 1899-
Mira de Amescua, Antonio, d. 1644
- Dissertation Note:
- C.H. Steven's thesis (PH.D.) - New york university, 1938.
- Published without thesis note.
"The play has come down to us with its authorship in question and its date of composition undetermined. The purpose of this study, therefore, is (1) to present a critical edition of the play ... (2) to discuss the matter of authorship and date of composition, and (3) to show the relationship of the play to the Menaechmi theme as it descended in Spanish literature."--Pref.
El palacio confuso has been ascribed to Antonio Mira de Amescua.
- Bibliography Note:
- Bibliography: p.-138.
View MARC record | catkey: 852333