Race and ethnicity in modern America / edited and with an introd. by Richard J. Meister
- Meister, Richard J., 1938-
- Lexington, Mass. : Heath, .
- Physical Description:
- xx, 198 p. ; 21 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Problems in American civilization
- Crèvecoeur, J. H. St. J. de. What is an American -- Turner, F. J. The significance of the frontier and Middle western pioneer democracy -- Zangwill, I. The melting pot and Afterword -- Hill, H. C. The Americanization movement -- Grant, M. The passing of the great race -- Fairchild, H. P. Americanization -- Kallen, H. M. Democracy versus the melting pot -- Berkson, I. B. The community theory -- Herberg, W. Protestant-Catholic-Jew -- Gordon, M. M. Assimilation in America -- Ostrander, G. M. Technology, immigration, and the American character -- Glazer, N. and Moynihan, D. P. Beyond the melting pot -- Keil, C. Urban blues -- Glazer, N. and Moynihan, D. P. A resurgence of ethnicity? -- Parenti, M. Ethnic politics and the persistence of ethnic identification -- Novak, M. The seventies: decade of the ethnics -- Berger, B. M. Soul searching -- Gans, H. J. The peer group society -- Alter, R. A fever of ethnicity -- Pettigrew, T. F. Ethnicity in American life.
- Bibliography Note:
- Bibliography: p. 191-198.
View MARC record | catkey: 859903