Fundamentals and applications of ultrasonic waves [electronic resource] / J. David N. Cheeke
- Cheeke, J. David N.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xix, 473 pages) : illustrations
- Ultrasonics -- Introduction to Vibrations and Waves -- Bulk Waves in Fluids -- Introduction to the Theory of Elasticity -- Bulk Acoustic Waves in Solids -- Finite Beams -- Reflection and Transmission of Ultrasonic Waves at Interfaces -- Rayleigh Waves -- Lamb Waves -- Acoustic Waveguides -- Crystal Acoustics -- Cavitation and Sonoluminescence -- Bulk Acoustic Wave Transducers, Delay Lines, and Oscillators -- Surface Acoustic Wave Transducers, Analog Signal Processing, and Mobile Applications -- Microacoustics -- Acoustic Sensors -- Focused Beam Acoustic Microscopy -- Near-Field Acoustic Microscopy -- Nondestructive Evaluation of Materials -- Non/Loosely Contacting NDE Techniques -- Appendix A -- Appendix B -- Appendix C.
- Designed specifically for newcomers to the field, this fully updated second edition begins with fundamentals and quickly advances beyond general wave concepts into an in-depth treatment of ultrasonic waves in isotropic media. Focusing on the physics of acoustic waves, their propagation, technology, and applications, this accessible overview of ultrasonics includes accounts of viscoelasticity and multiple scattering. It examines new technologies, including atomic force acoustic microscopy, lasers, micro-acoustics, and nanotechnology. In addition, it highlights both direct and indirect applicati.
- 9781439854983 (electronic bk.)
143985498X (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 8620660