Condorcet : writings on the United States / edited, translated, and with an introduction by Guillaume Ansart
- Condorcet, Jean-Antoine-Nicolas de Caritat, marquis de, 1743-1794
- Uniform Title:
- Works. Selections. English. 2012
- Additional Titles:
- Writings on the United States
- University Park, Pa. : Pennsylvania State University Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 147 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Ansart, Guillaume, 1960-
- Introduction: Condorcet and America -- Influence of the American Revolution on Europe -- Influence of the American Revolution on the opinions and legislation of Europe -- On the benefits of the American Revolution with respect to the preservation of peace in Europe -- Benefits of the American Revolution with respect to the perfectibility of the human race -- On the good that the American Revolution can do, through trade, to Europe and to France in particular -- Conclusion -- Supplement to Filippo Mazzei's researches on the United States -- Ideas on despotism: for the benefit of those who pronounce this word without understanding it -- Eulogy of Franklin: read at the public session of the Academy of Sciences, November 13, 1790.
- "An English translation of the writings of French constitutional theorist Nicolas de Condorcet (1743-94) on the United States. Subjects include the American Revolution, federal Constitution, and the emerging political culture in the United States"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780271053813 (cloth : alk. paper)
027105381X (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -144) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8622318