Their eyes were watching God [videorecording] / Oprah Winfrey presents ; Harpo FIlms ; Touchstone Television ; producer, Matthew Carlisle ; written for television by Suzan-Lori Parks, and Misan Sagay and Bobby Smith, Jr. ; directed by Darnell Martin ; ABC
- Uniform Title:
- Their eyes were watching God (Motion picture)
- [Burbank, CA] : Buena Vista Home Entertainment, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (approximately 113 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Carlisle, Matthew, Parks, Suzan-Lori, Sagay, Misan, Smith, Bobby, Jr., 1968-, Martin, Darnell, Berry, Halle, Ealy, Michael, Santiago-Hudson, Ruben, 1956-, Howard, Terrence, Winfrey, Oprah, Hurston, Zora Neale, Harpo Films, Touchstone Television, American Broadcasting Companies, and Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Language Note:
- A drama set in the 1920s, where free-spirited Janie Crawford's search for happiness leads her through several different marriages, challenging the mores of her small town.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: TV14.
- Based on the novel by Zora Neale Hurston.
Originally broadcast in 2004.
SDH ; Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround sound.
Description based on surrogate.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Checco Varese ; composer, Terence Blanchard ; editor, Peter C. Frank.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Halle Berry, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, Michael Ealy, Terrence Howard, Nicki Micheaux, Lorraine Toussaint, Ruby Dee, Gabriel Casseus, Artel Kayàru, Kevin Daniels, Henry Brown.
Introduction, Oprah Winfrey.
- Technical Details:
- DVD ; region 1 ; NTSC ; full screen (1.33:1) ; digitally mastered.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 8622611