Le fond de l'air est rouge [videorecording] / Arte Video, Iskra, INA présentent ; avec le soutient du CNC ; Chris Marker ; production, ISKRA, INA, Dovidis ; montage et bande sonore, Chris. Marker
- Additional Titles:
- Title on container and disc label: Grin without a cat
- [United States] : Icarus Films Home Video, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (180 min.) : sound, color and black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (16 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Marker, Chris, 1921-2012
Cusack, Cyril, 1910-1993
Kramer, Robert, 1939-1999
Maspero, François, 1932-
Montand, Yves, 1921-1991
Signoret, Simone, 1921-1985
Berio, Luciano, 1925-2003
Arte Video (Firm)
Institut national de l'audiovisuel (France)
Arte Editions (Firm)
Icarus Films Home Video
- Language Note:
- French, English or German version (with partial subtitles), Portuguese and Spanish subtitles (over French audio).
- Part one: Les mains fragiles = Fragile hands: 1: From Vietnam to Che's death ; 2: May 1968 and all that -- Part two: Les mains coupees = Severed hands: 1: From the Prague spring to the so-called "Union of the Left " in France ; 2: From Chile to -- to what?
- An overview of the worldwide political upheavals during the Sixties and Seventies. Interweaves footage from the Vietnam War and the antiwar protests in the U.S., May '68 in Paris, the Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia, Salvador Allende and the coup in Chile, Che Guevara and Regis Debray in Bolivia, the Shah of Iran, Fidel Castro, et alia. Contains official images, film clips, news coverage trims and neglected reels.
Originally produced in France in 1977.
English version produced by Lucia Films, London, Iskra Films, Paris.
Special feature: a 16-page booklet with text by Chris Marker, including the essay Sixties, written May, 2008.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Production, Inger Servolin ... [et al.]; music, Luciano Berio.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Voices: Jim Broadbent, Cyril Cusack, Robert Kramer, François Maspero, Yves Montand, François Périer, Jorge Semprun, Simone Signoret.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, NTSC, full screen (1.33:1)
- Arts & Humanities copy includes limited institutional public performance rights.
View MARC record | catkey: 8623922