Progress for Children. No. 8 [electronic resource] : A Report Card on Child Protection
- United Nations Children'
- Corporate Author:
- United Nations Children's Fund Staff
- New York : United Nations Children's Fund, The (UNICEF), Sept. 2009. and New York : United Nations Publications.
- Physical Description:
- 48 pages : illustrations ; 11.000 x 08.500 in.
- Additional Creators:
- s Fund (UNICEF)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation Undernutrition contributes to the deaths of about 5.6 million children under five in the developing world each year. It can lead to poor school performance and dropout, it threatens girls' future ability to bear healthy children and it perpetuates a generational cycle of poverty. This volume of Progress for Children reports on the world's performance in improving nutrition in young children, a crucial step towards meeting the Millennium Development Goals.
- 9789280644395 and 9280644394 (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Scholarly & Professional United Nations Children's Fund, The (UNICEF)
View MARC record | catkey: 8633534