Free to choose [videorecording] / Milton Friedman ; executive producer, producer, director, Bob Chitester
- [McKean, Pa.?] : Free to Choose Enterprise, 
- Updated and rev. television series.
- Physical Description:
- 3 videodiscs (DVD) (approximately 243 min) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Friedman, Milton, 1912-2006, Chitester, Bob, Friedman, Rose D., and Free to Choose Enterprise
- Disc 1. Program 1. The power of the market ; Program 2. The tyranny of control -- Disc 2. Program 3. Freedom and prosperity ; Program 4. The failure of socialism -- Disc 3. Program 5. Created equal.
- Milton Friedman presents his philosophy of the free market and government control and discusses capitalism, cooperative societies, free trade, and government regulation.
- Related Titles:
- Power of the market
Tyranny of control
Freedom and prosperity
Failure of socialism
- Five programs on 3 discs.
Originally broadcast on PBS in 1990.
Date of release on DVD obtained by email from Free to Choose Media.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Associate producer, Rose Friedman.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Host, Milton Friedman ; discussion moderator, Linda Chavez ; v.1 introduced by Arnold Schwarzenegger, discussion with David Brooks and James Galbraith ; v.2 introduced by George Shultz, discussion with Michael Walker and Steve Cohen ; v.3 introduced by Ronald Reagan, discussion with Gary Becker and Sam Bowles ; v.4 introduced by David Friedman, discussion with Gordon Tullock and Henry Levin ; v.5 introduced by Steve Allen, discussion with Thomas Sowell and Michael Kinsley.
- Technical Details:
- DVD; all regions; NTSC.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 8636638