The anthracite aristocracy : leadership and social change in the hard coal regions of northeastern Pennsylvania, 1800-1930 / Edward J. Davies
- Davies, Edward J., 1947-
- DeKalb, Ill. : Northern Illinois University Press, 1985.
- Physical Description:
- 277 p. : ill., map ; 24 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Elite (Social sciences)—Pennsylvania—Wilkes-Barre—History—19th century
- Elite (Social sciences)—Pennsylvania—Pottsville—History—19th century
- Coal mines and mining—Pennsylvania—Wilkes-Barre Region—History
- Coal mines and mining—Pennsylvania—Pottsville Region—History
- Elite (Social sciences)—Pennsylvania—Wilkes-Barre—History—20th century
- Elite (Social sciences)—Pennsylvania—Pottsville—History—20th century
- Includes index.
- Bibliography Note:
- Bibliography: p. -264.
View MARC record | catkey: 866403